Thursday 24 July 2014

Sympathy for a friend

I just had to quickly make a card for my friend of long standing Jeannie. The poor woman found out that her brother had died SEVEN days previously, and HOW she found out!! She was visiting her sister in Brighton who just so happens to follow Facebook and she had got into one of her nieces Facebook pages where she saw, to her horror, R.I.P messages to her brother! My friends sister, not one to mess about, phoned her niece demanding to know what was going on, only to be told that her sister-in-law only wanted immediate family to know and to attend the funeral. What are Jeannie and her sister for Gods sake if not immediate family, he was their only remaining sibling. We could understand it if there had been a falling out but there hadn't been. Jeannie went to an anniversary party at their house last year. Sorry, but I am just SO angry on her behalf. I said to our other close friend I've just got to make a card from us to show someone cares.

              

                                                        I wanted to keep it clean and simple so I decided to use the
Dreamweaver long stem calla lily stencil  and coloured it with colour box liquid chalks and Sakura glitter pen. I mounted it onto matching card and finished off with a very narrow black ribbon and bow. I kept the message inside simple using sentiments from Stampendous Sincere sentiments set. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my God Sylvie. They do say that you can choose your friends but not your family, and there were definitely never truer words spoken.
    She certainly has a friend in you xx

    ReplyDelete