Monday 25 August 2014

Back To Normal

Well, holidays are almost over. I spent a week with family in Yorkshire a few weeks back. It was for my latest gt.granddaughter's christening. Then last week I took my two youngest granddaughters on a caravan holiday to Rye. They love caravanning, thinking it a great adventure. We had a wonderful time, full of fun and laughter, that's the beauty of being 70 (well almost) you don't mind making a fool of yourself when playing with children.
However, one of my best friends is 70 just six days before me and this the card I have just made for her.
She loves knitting and doing cross-stitch.
So what could be more appropriate than these house mouse
stamps by  stampendous  Knit Gift.
The second stamp was from an old set by Joanna Sheen
The numbers I have added to embroidery thread bobbins and stuck a sample of the thread inside a wrapper.
I included a wrapper from a ball of baby wool to compliment the sample of knitting on the wooden needles.
All these were mounted onto a spellbinder decorative circle grand nestie die.
This I ran through my ebosser with the purl one A4 embossing folder. This give a perfect likeness of plain and purl knitting. I then coloured it with Spun Sugar distress
ink.
I used 8x8 card onto which I stamped ' birthdays are sew special' and 'enjoy your special day'  also in the Spun Sugar ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment