Sunday 19 October 2014

Friend of a friend

My friend in Cornwall asked me to make a birthday card for her very good friend so this is what I came up with.
I've used the spellbinders lattice die for the background in pale pink pearlised card and backed it with a dark red paper. The butterfly corner is also a spellbinder die cut from Ivory pearlised card. I mounted this in the bottom right hand corner then cut my favourite Marianne vintage swirl die out of the same card. I fixed the swirl to the card with a generous amount of silicone glue to which I added a pink bow, handmade flowers, two pearl stickpins and a couple of leaves to which I added a few dabs of glossy accents to look like dew drops. I stamped the sentiment 'for a special friend' onto a strip of card, added a sparkly gem and inserted this into the pocket created by the butterfly die. I also just added three gems to the body of the 'butterfly'.
I also made a box for the card and decorated the lid by sponging spun sugar distress ink through the outline left from cutting out the swirl. I think you'll agree it makes a good 'stencil'.

No comments:

Post a Comment