Thursday 2 October 2014

Colourful card to bring cheer

 Next week is my eldest granddaughter's birthday. In June she gave birth to a beautiful daughter, another addition to the family and last week we said farewell to a member - her father! So I made this card to bring a little colour to her. I used a peel off by Woodware Francoise's Mums Round and laid the smaller ones at random on white card then sponged over with Brilliance ink pads. I then gently removed the peel offs.
                                  
I followed the same procedure with the large circular 'mum' but didn't remove the peel off, then cut it out using a nestie.  Using  blue card I next cut a scalloped circle onto which I mounted the  large one. With a strip of white card I punched a border using a Tonic punch, edged with the pale blue ink pad then mounted this onto the front of the card. Over the  centre of this I glued the main image. At the bottom I added a black peel off sentiment from stash. Out of the blue card I cut small rectangular shapes which I stuck in the corners. I think I will enter this into the Woodware challenge for September Woodware sketch 38
      



1 comment:

  1. Just thought I would pop in and say hello Sylvie after seeing your lovely card on the Woodware blog.

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete