Thursday 18 September 2014

Spotlight


Making spotlight cards was the subject of my friend Kim's class at Davina's two weeks ago. I made a few toppers of different designs of which I was particularly pleased. For this one we used distress inks and sponges which we put down at random onto white card. On this one I stamped this lovely Stampendous Carnation and then stamped the image on white card. I selected a punch and punched out part of the second image. This was then stuck over the relevant section on the main image matching up exactly.
The card was going to be added to my box for future use. It has come in useful sooner than I thought.
My lovely son-in-law is gravely ill and will not last the weekend, the last thing on my daughter's mind is her brother's wedding on Saturday and our good friend's birthday on Tuesday so I told her I would take care of everything down here (they live in Yorkshire) and then I will be with her a.s.a.p. So I mounted the image onto dark red card then onto an embossed card, added some leaves and tiny flowers, LOTV sentiment and finally 70 peel off.




No comments:

Post a Comment