Thursday 26 February 2015

Resist with a twist

One of the classes we did recently at Davina's was 'resist with a twist' and as I have been laid up, so to speak, with a bad back I occupied my time with putting to use the samples that I made (of which there were many!) lol. So I have quite a few to share with you. All images are stamped with versamark and embossed using clear powder. The card on the right is a Woodware Sketchy Buddlia I  cut an oval template from scrap paper using a spellbinders die, taped it over the image then sponged with distress ink spun sugar. The background was preprinted script paper. I mounted it onto black card. The paper the whole thing is on is Bargello themed made up from scraps of paper from my stash.
The card on the left uses the same technique but the poppies were much more open, as you can see, and these I painted using distress inks barn door and peeled paint. I lightly sponged the paper with tea dye. I added a thin red ribbon and some card candi. Sentiment by Woodware. This I sent to my friend for her birthday, she was delighted!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely cards as usual Sylvie. I'm glad to see that you made good use of your time and did some homework :O) xx

    ReplyDelete