Sunday 31 May 2015

Sophisticated Lady

Tomorrow is my beautiful daughter-in-law's birthday and these cards are for her. The card on the left is from me and is of a very sophisticated lady contemplating her bath! The stamp is Scruffy Little Cat - Lola which I have stamped and embossed then coloured with copics. Using an embossing folder resembling bubbles I embossed a piece of white card which I then very lightly distressed with spun sugar and faded jeans distress inks. Mounted this onto red card, cut a shape from the same card and fixed some black lace around the edge with double sided tape. Out of gold card and using Marianne Swirls (CR1245) I added a swirl then added the image on top. I added a few sparkly gems on the red card just to give it a bit of bling.
The other card was achieved using Stampendous Heat and Bond sticky embossing powder and while still sticky press foiling over the top. Any areas missed with the foil I went over with Pearlex powder. The stamp and sentiments are Steampunk Shoes by Stampendous and have been stamped and embossed the same way, then cut out and mounted onto card which has been stamped with a script stamp. 
This card is for my son's two girls to give to her and the message that they wrote inside included 'thank you for being a second mum to us' which I thought was lovely and I know will bring tears to her eyes. Hope she has a great birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment