Saturday 6 December 2014

Rudolph

This is another of the cards I made for my friend to give to her friend!
First I must apologise to Kim for borrowing her inspiration on making a shaker card. I hope she forgives me because my granddaughter now wants one! Typical! 
For this card I used Hobby Art's Santa's Reindeer 
I stamped out the reindeers, Robin  and log and after colouring cut them out. I tore some scrap paper to use for 'drifts', positioned them on 8 x 8 card and sponged with distress ink iced spruce enhancing the sky with a touch of stormy sky. The snow laden fir tree I inked with the iced spruce and using second generation stamping stamped at various heights to give the illusion of distance. Aged white Frantage was used on the front of the card. I cut a piece of circular white card to fit an empty double sided tape reel. On this I stamped the trees and fence from the stamp set and added white glitter to the top of the fence and in the foreground. Next I stuck the log with the Robin perched on in front of the fence. I glued the reel to the front of the card and cut a piece of blue snowflake paper large enough to cover a piece of acetate. White glitter was sprinkled over the little scene and the acetate stuck over the top. This was left to dry overnight. 'Rudolph' was fixed to the edge of the 'window', the other reindeer to the side. Message edged with the iced spruce and snowflake embellishments plus a touch of glossy accents to the red nose to finish. When shaken it makes a lovely little 'snowstorm'.

No comments:

Post a Comment