Tuesday 9 December 2014

White embossing


This is a card I made when at a class at Davina's, taught by our talented Kim. Firstly I stamped and white embossed the trees in the foreground. I punched a circle from a post-it note and placed in the sky for the moon. Next I sponged the sky in iced spruce and stormy sky distress inks, removed the 'moon' and very lightly stroked the sponge across to take out some of the brightness. I tore up some pieces of scrap paper and laid them randomly across the bottom half of the card and lightly sponged from the edge of the scrap paper outwards in the iced spruce. This gave the impression of snow drifts. I next took a stamp of pine trees, inked up with same colour and after first stamping on scrap paper, placed on card at various levels along the 'drifts'. A clear sparkle gelly roll pen along the branches and on the edges of the 'drifts' adds the effect of frost. A peel off greeting to finish.

1 comment: