Thursday 11 December 2014

Spotlight Card

It is my big brother's 75th birthday on New Years  eve so I always send his birthday with his Christmas card and then I know he has it in time for his birthday.  As he is ship mad, especially tall ships I thought this Stampendous Navigateur stamp fit the bill. I stamped and embossed the     Image twice. One of them I distressed with a variety of colours, yellow, blue, green and beige by just using squares of 'cut'n'dry and just randomly dabbed onto card. The second card was left uncoloured and I selected an area to punch out. This was edged in blue ink and matched precisely to cover the corresponding area on the coloured card. Thus this then becomes a 'spotlight' card, and, of course, you have the scrap from the punched one that you could make another card from - nothing wasted. The background was from a decoupage sheet of a map of the world which I cut selected pieces out, and lightly distressed edges with stormy sky distress ink. The embellishments are wooden shapes that I have coloured with Versafine and embossed. The 75th and Happy Birthday are All Occasion dies by Robert Addams.    

No comments:

Post a Comment