Friday 23 May 2014

Easel For An Artist

I make novelty cards for people as well as conventional cards and I have just finished this one for a friends sister, who will be 70. She is an amateur artist and has had a couple of exhibitions. I've made it in the shape of an easel propped up by two thin paintbrushes. I drew the large 70 which I then zentangled, going boss-eyed in the process lol. This I cut out and mounted onto 'canvas' together with two banners reading 'best wishes'.

                 
The base I have stamped with an art stamp and distressed using a variety of colours, added a shrink plastic artist's palette and paint tube. On the latter I have attached a small ring so that it can be used as a keepsake, on a key ring for example.

                                                                      


2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Sylvie, and even better when seen in the flesh. You are very clever. If I haven't got a stamp then I don't make it I'm afraid lol.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done love this :) you soon the big 70 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete