Wednesday 21 May 2014

Remember


A good friend of mine who lives in Cornwall is vice-chairman of the British Legion women's welfare section, her husband is their treasure and they along with many others, work hard raising funds. So when I saw these stamps I just knew I had to have them. They are Commemorative by Hobby Art and these are the cards I made for them.

 
On the two cards above I masked the troop of soldiers so I could over stamp with more. I sponged background with distress inks. On the lower one I used the barbed wire stamp to make a frame.

I think the little poppy stamp makes a lovely frame surrounding the cenotaph  with the Queen's flight taking a salute. A shrink plastic poppy each side of the 'Remember' finishes nicely


On the card above I again made a mask of the horse and soldier, masked and overstamped several times to made it look like a troop. The background card I have stamped and embossed the medal and poppy stamps.

The card on the left really speaks for itself I just added
shrink plastic poppy wreath and two shrink plastic crosses. This is a rather long post for which I apologise also, as you can see, I haven't yet got the hang of positioning the photos and script. More lessons please Kim!

1 comment: